What is a Baby Dedication?
"Teach your children to choose the right path, and when they are older, they will remain upon it."
It is our tradition to follow the example of many families in the Bible, including Jesus’ family, and dedicate our children to God when they are born. The dedication is a symbol of choosing to raise our children to know and follow Jesus, and it’s a way of welcoming them into the larger family of Christian Assembly. Together, with parents, we want to do all we can as a community to ensure that our little ones grow up in a church where they know they are loved, where they know the good news of Jesus and where they know they can grow to be all that God has planned for them to be.
Families and friends are welcome to join you in the service when you dedicate your child. Cameras are welcome as well. We encourage you to make the moment special and memorable for you and your family. For more information or to ask any questions feel free to contact us.
To Dedicate Your Baby:
Baby Dedication Request Form
- Your baby must be less than 1 year old. If you have adopted a child and would like to participate in the dedications, please contact us at: 323-255-2516.
- Click Here to Complete the Baby Dedication Request Form no later than 2 weeks prior to the date you are requesting.
- Once your request is turned in, a CA staff member will contact you to confirm the Dedication.
- You will be receiving a letter explaining more of what a Baby Dedication means for you and your child.
- Note: We are able to accommodate 5 families per service, so we ask that forms are submitted as soon as possible.
Baby Dedication Dates
We dedicate babies during our weekend services. For more information about baby dedications contact us.
Dates for 2013:
For information about Baptisms click here.
- April 13 & 14
- July 20 & 21
- October 12 & 13